Process for Getting a Bus License
Process for Obtaining a Bus Drivers Certificate
- Use the following link to enter application
- Choose “Create New Account”
- Once you have created a user name and password log in to complete the application
- Select Classified Under Application Type
- Select School Board District 2
- Select Phenix City Public Schools
- You must include valid email addresses for people you list in references. An email will be sent to verify references. Application can not be accepted until all references are verified.
- Once application is complete when asked to “post or keep private, you choose This allow us to access application.
- A high school diploma or G.E.D. is required. NO EXCEPTIONS
- Please call (334) 298-2823 once application has been completed.
- Click on this link to register and pay to have your background check done, https://www.aps.gemalto.com/al/index_adeNew.htm.This will take you to the Alabama DOE Applicant Processing Services Website
- On Right side under Registration click Register Online.
- Select Employment as a school bus driver
- Complete registration and pay fee online.
- Once you have complete and paid print your confirmation number. You will need this information when you go for fingerprinting.
- You must be registered and all fees paid online prior to arrival.
- Fingerprinting will be done at Phenix City Schools Central Office. Please call to make an appointment for fingerprinting at Phenix City Schools Central Office 334-298-0534.
Educational Services Center Hours of operation:
1212 9th Avenue Monday / Wednesday / Friday 8:30 am- 11:30 am
Phenix City, AL 36867 Tuesday / Thursday 12:00 pm – 3:30 pm
MVR (Motor Vehicle Report)
- Must be obtained from State Driver’s License Center
Alabama residents: Driver’s License Center
1220 Fox Run Avenue # 102
Opelika, AL 36801
- Must successfully pass a DOT Physical
- Four part written test must be completed in order to obtain CDL learners with school bus and passenger endorsements.
- Alabama Residents can obtain a booklet from Phenix City School Transportation Department to study.
- 20 hours of training with our local trainer is provided to driver candidate prior to state of Alabama new driver school
New Driver school
- Four-day class
- Road test, pre-trip inspection, and air brake test will be administered at this class
- Fees are not charged by Phenix City Schools. Fees are charged by the agency administering services.
- MVR $9.00
- DOT Physical $65.00 - $100.00
- Fingerprinting $48.15
- CDL Testing Fee $25.00 (If you must retake a portion of the test $5.00 per
section to retake will be charged)
- CDL Learners Permit $36.25
- CDL License $56.25
- Copy of CDL Learners
- MVR Report
- High school Diploma, G.E.D., or College Transcripts
- DOT Physical
NOTE: Fees are NOT charged by the Phenix City Schools. They are charged by the State of Alabama, Background Check Provider and the medical provider for your physical.