All applications must be obtained through the official recruitment for Alabama's schools Teach In Alabama. Attach all supporting documents electronically to this application.
- Step 1: Create an account
- Step 2: Complete your application
- If you are applying for a Certified Administrative Position, select Preview Administrative Application.
- If you are applying for any certified position (Teacher, Counselor, Library Media Specialist, Psychometrist, Reading Coach, or Speech Language Pathologist), select Preview Certified Application.
- If you are applying for any support position (Aide, Bus Driver, Bookkeeper, Custodian, CNP worker, Nurse, Secretary, Substitute, etc.), select Preview Classified Application.
- Step 3: Apply for Open Position.
Substitutes are employed by Phenix City Schools on an as needed basis to fill in for absent employees. Substitutes will be contacted by the Personnel Office to schedule an appointment to provide the following items after the position closes:
- Driver's License (or other form of valid government issued photo ID)
- Social Security Card (must be signed to be valid)
- Copy of College Diploma, High School Diploma, or GED)
- Fingerprinting (registration and more information for this process is available at www.cogentid.com)
The following forms must be completed at the Board of Education office on the day of your scheduled appointment:
- Application for Substitute Teacher's License
- Employment and Eligibility Verification Form
- W4 and A4 Tax Forms