National Honor Society
Purpose of the National Honor Society:
The object of this chapter shall be to create an enthusiasm for scholarship, to stimulate a desire to render service, to promote worthy leadership, and to encourage the development of character in all students of Central High School.
Process for selection to membership in the Central High School Chapter of the National Honor Society:
Selection to the Society shall be based upon possession of superior rating in four categories:
Eligibility for membership:
- A student must be a junior or a senior who attends Central High School.
- A student must have at least a 94 GPA (all semester grades shall be counted with the exception of office or teacher aide grades). To receive consideration a student must be on or above grade level.
- Students may not have office referrals for any reason other than dress code or tardies.
- Students may not have suspensions for any reason.
- Dues must be paid prior to induction: Junior members $25, Senior members $35