Located in Phenix City, Alabama, PCIS serves all 6th-7th graders in the Phenix City school district. The mission of PCIS is to create a positive learning environment that promotes academic achievement and personal-social growth and development. PCIS is a transitional, learning community that, in partnership with parents, teachers, scholars, and the local community, is committed to providing a secure, positive learning environment where students achieve the skills necessary for responsible citizenship and the achievement of post-secondary goals. As a pilot school in Phenix City Schools' district-wide i3 Initiative (Innovation, Inquiry, and Impact), PCIS believes in exposing all students to STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) education. We achieve this by being a 1:1 iPad school, offering an accelerated curriculum, and by giving EVERY student the opportunity to experience hands-on, minds-on learning in our state-of-the-art Dyer Family STEM Center.
In a collaborative effort with students, teachers, parents, and the community, we want to inspire, encourage, engage, and enrich students by using proven techniques and strategies to develop a work ethic that will benefit them in the future as productive citizens. We want students to achieve maximum academic success by challenging them to be critical thinkers all while expanding their minds socially, emotionally, physically, and intellectually.
Phenix City Schools, in partnership with family and community, will develop responsible and productive citizens who are prepared for the challenges of the future.
• Excellence is obtainable for students and staff.
• Students have unlimited learning potential.
• All students can achieve academic success.
• Student academic success is fostered through family engagement.
• Students and staff have the right to be in a safe and clean learning environment.
• Nurturing, inviting, and stimulating environments are conditions where students thrive emotionally, socially, and academically.
• Students have the right to a competent, dedicated, and highly motivated certificated staff.
• All students, staff, and parents have the right to be respected at all times.
• Character, integrity, and service to others contribute to civic health.
• Student and staff diversity is to be valued, respected, and embraced.
• Empowered and inspired students strive for continuous knowledge and improvement beyond high school.