What Does A Counselor Do?...
- She visits my classroom each week to help me understand myself and others. Some large group guidance activities will include: Conflict Resolution, Problem-Solving Skills, Drug Free Education, Study Skills, Career Exploration, Character Education, and Bullying.
- She works with small groups on Study Habits, Self-Concept, Behavior, Anger Management, Making Friends, Bullying and Military Groups.
- She talks with students about things that might be bothering them.
- She talks with parents and teachers.
- She explains test scores to parents and students.
- She provides individual counseling to students.
When Do I See A Counselor? When I...
- Have good news to share
- Have trouble with my friends
- Have trouble with my school work
- Have problems with my family
- Have trouble getting along with others
- Need to talk with someone about something I am afraid to tell others about
How Do I See My Counselor?
- My teacher can ask the counselor to see me (referral)
- My parents can ask the counselor to see me (best way to contact the counselor is by email.)
- I can stop by her office and leave her a note if she has a class
- I can ask my teacher if I can go to her office if she does not have a class
You may contact Mrs. Rivera by calling the school at 334-298-7097 or by email at email@example.com.