This week (around Wednesday/Thursday) we will send out a form site from which you can upload the necessary documents for PreK registration. As stated earlier, the items needed for PreK will include :
Important medical information can be communicated through the front office. Classroom teachers will orient you on further required documentation during our mandatory meetings on August 5th and 6th. If your child will not attend our program in 2021-22, please email Mr. Griffin (place child's first and last name in the subject line) stating they will not be attending.Pertaining to supplies, recommended items for the school year are:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Alabama Immunization record/shots
- Proof of residency for the Phenix City school district/Alabama
Please place the child’s name on all supplies (Georgia's tax-free weekend is August 6-8 for those hoping to maximize their savings).Mandatory in-person PreK meetings are the following dates:PCELC August 5th at 6:00 (PreK Classrooms 1-4) 6:30 (PreK Classrooms 5-8)CELC August 6th at 6:00 (PreK Classrooms 1-3) 6:30 (PreK Classrooms 4-7)The logistics of these meetings are still being worked out. Updated classroom information will be sent out this Thursday pertaining to classroom numbers (you may or may not know yours).Thank you for your patience, we look forward to serving you and your family. Feel free to visit the links below for more information pertaining to our PreK programs.
- Book Bag (No Wheels)
- Small Pillow
- Small Blanket
- Complete Change of Clothes
The Phenix City School District has two campuses that serve 4 year-olds.
Phenix City Early Learning Center, 1014 Ingersoll Drive ~ 334-298-1418
Creekside Early Learning Center, 2703 40th Street ~ 334-291-2017
Is my child eligible?
- My child turned 4 years-old prior to September 1, 2021.
- I live within the Phenix City School district. (We do not accept transfers for the Pre-K program.)
How do I register?
- Visit the Alabama Department of Early Childhood Education website.
- Complete the application carefully and select either Phenix City Early Learning or Creekside Early Learning.
- Respond to all emails from the district coordinator, Antonio Griffin, within 3 days. Check your email SPAM folder regularly.
Important to know:
- Parents provide transportation to and from school.
- We provide free breakfast each day. Lunch prices vary based on family income.
- Lunch prices are based on the PCS Free & Reduced Lunch application. All parents must complete the form.
- $2.50 Elementary (K-5)
- $4.00 Visitors
- Parents must complete at least 12 volunteer hours during the year.
- Students must be potty trained.