Students on the waitlist that are enrolled during the school year must provide the following up to date documentation:
Pertaining to supplies, recommended items for the school year are:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Alabama Immunization record/shots
- Proof of residency for the Phenix City school district/Alabama (utility bill)
Please place the child’s name on all supplies.
- Book Bag (No Wheels)
- Small Pillow
- Small Blanket
- Complete Change of Clothes
The Phenix City School District has two campuses that serve 4 year-olds.
Phenix City Early Learning Center, 1014 Ingersoll Drive ~ 334-298-1418
Creekside Early Learning Center, 2703 40th Street ~ 334-291-2017
Is my child eligible?
- My child turned 4 years-old prior to September 1, 2022.
- I live within the Phenix City School district. (We do not accept transfers for the Pre-K program.)
How do I register?
- Visit the Alabama Department of Early Childhood Education website. 2022-23 applicants will go to 2022-23 Pre-K Pre-Registration to register.
- Complete the application carefully and select either Phenix City Early Learning or Creekside Early Learning.
- Respond to all emails from the district coordinator, Antonio Griffin, within 3 days. Check your email SPAM folder regularly.
- Pre-Registration runs from January 15 till March 6. The lottery for both sites will take place a week later.
Important to know:
- Parents provide transportation to and from school.
- We provide free breakfast each day. Lunch prices vary based on family income. For the 2021-22 school year breakfast and lunch for the state of Alabama schools are free.
- Lunch prices are based on the PCS Free & Reduced Lunch application. All parents must complete the form.
- $2.50 Elementary (K-5)
- $4.00 Visitors
- Parents must complete at least 12 volunteer hours during the year.
- Students must be potty trained.