Phenix City Schools has 15 pre-kindergarten classrooms that maintain a teacher-student ratio of no more than 9:1. A teacher certified in Early Childhood Education leads the classroom, along with an auxiliary teacher who holds a CDA (Child Development Associate) or the equivalent.
All teachers use Highscope, an evidenced-based curriculum that is developmentally appropriate and rooted in play, exploration, and students' interests. Teachers also work daily to address the social-emotional needs of all students for greater personal and academic success in the future using the Conscious Discipline approach.
School day: 7:45 AM-2:15 PM
Arrival times: 7:30 AM-7:45 AM
Departure times: 2:15-2:30 PM
Office hours: 7:30 AM-3:30 PM
After-Care Program hours: 2:30 AM-5:45 PM
- 2019-2020 After-School Program (Phenix City Early Learning)
- 2019-2020 After-School Program (Creekside Early Learning)
- 2019-2020 Parent Handbook (CELC & PCELC)
- Yearly Parent Engagement Calendar (PCELC)
- Yearly Parent Engagement Calendar (CELC)
Coordinator: Julie Norden
Secretary: Sherron Nelson